Dr. Amruthraj R M
Specialist in Women Studies
Kerala institute of Local Administration
+91 - 474 - 2454169
+91 - 487 - 2201062
Date of Birth : 27-06-1979
Sex : Male
Marital Status : Married
Languages Known : Malayalam, English, Hindi & Tamil
KILA Centre for Human Resource Development , ETC P.O, Kottarakara,Kollam District,Pin code: 691531, Kerala, India
Mode of Appointment : Contract
Date of Joining in Service : 23-02-2015
- M.A. Social Welfare and Rural Management(Mahatma Gandhi University)
- M.Phil. Women’s Studies (Pondicherry University)
- Ph.D Women’s Studies (Pondicherry University)
- UGC. NET
- Society of Gender Professionals
- UN- Solution Exchange, Gender Community
- Association for the Study of Literature and Environment (ASLE) – India
- Charge officer for ICAP and DPR Preparation of Punnayoorkulam –Vadakkekad RURBAN Cluster of Thrissur District
- Research Fellow, Centre for Women’s Studies, Pondicherry University
- Asst. Professor (on contract) School of Gender Studies, Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development, Sriperumbudur
- Asst. Professor (on contract) Centre for Women’s Studies, Pondicherry University
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, Women’s Studies Centre, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi.
- Consultation for Developing Policy for Transgender People by NIRD&PR
- Member of Gender Sensitisation Module preparation Team for Prevention Campaign of Nirbhaya Policy of Dept. of Women and Child Development
- Contributed a section on: “Gender Perspective Planning” for the handbook on Block Panchyath Administration and Rural Development Schemes for induction training of Block Panchayath elected representatives
- Associated in editing Inservice Training Manual for Village Extension Officers. (3 Vols)
- An article Narmada Saga: An Eco-feminist Perspective In Nature and Human Nature: Literature, Ecology, Meaning Ed. S.Murali. New Delhi: Prestige, 2008. ISBN 978-81-906183-1-1
- An article Gender Discrimination in the Primary School English Language Textbooks in Tamil Nadu in The Primary Teacher,
- A Journal Published by NCERT, January and April, 2012. ISSN 0970-9282.
- An article Gender Issues in School and Classroom Practice: A Case Study of Pondicherry in The Primary Teacher,a Journal Published by NCERT, January and April, 2013. ISSN 0970-9282
Areas of Expertise
- Gender and Women’s Studies
- Gandhian and Peace Studies,
- Social Welfare and Rural Management
- Research &Extension
- Specialist in Women’s Studies
- Gender Resource Person, State Gender Cell, LSGD
- Co-ordinator, Gender School for Local Governance, KILA
- 1st Rank, Gold Medal for M.Phil Women’s Studies from Pondicherry University
International / National Conference attended
- Participated in the “Hay Festival” organized by the British Council from 17th to 19th November 2011 at Thiruvananthapuram.
- Participated and presented a paper titled Life Skills Education for a Gender Just Society in International Conference on “Life Skills Education”, 6th to 8th April 2009, conducted by School of Life Skills Education and Social Harmony, RGNIYD University, Sriperumbudur.
- Participated and presented a paper titled Mathematics is not for Girls: Breaking the Myth in the International Symposium on “Sustaining Global Pressures: Women in Science and Engineering, Next Generation Challenges and Opportunities”, 3rd to 5th January 2008, conducted by Indian Women Scientists’ Association, Kalpakkam.
- Participated in the International Conference on “Technology, Innovation and the Millennium Development Goals in India” organized by the Centre for Women’s Studies, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirapalli, India and Institut de Recherche Agronomique (INRA) France from 12th to 14th July 2007.
- Participated and presented a paper titled Narmada Saga: An Ecofeminist Perspective in the International Conference on Nature and Human Nature: Land, Landscape and Cultural Constructions of the Environment, 21st to 23rd September 2006, conducted by ASLE,India and Department of English, Pondicherry University.
- Participated in the UGC International Seminar on “ The New Socio-Economic Order and World Peace – A Gandhian Critique” organized by School of Gandhian Thought and Development Studies, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala from 23rd to 25th November 2000.
Major International and National Assignments
- ICSSR Post-Doctoral Research in Women’s Studies (Ongoing)