Kerala Institute of Local Administration (KILA) is an autonomous institution functioning for the Local governments in Kerala. It is a registered body under the Travancore-Cochin Literary, Scientific and Charitable Societies Act 1955. The Central university of Kerala has recognised KILA as a Research centre attached to the Department of International Relations. Ever since its inception in 1990, KILA has been engaged in myriad of capacity building interventions on local governance and decentralization; including training, action-research, publications, seminars and workshops, consultancy, documentation, handholding and information services. The internship programme is ideal for those who want to gain experience in Local Governance, Panchayati Raj System, Public administration, Accounts etc. Local Governance and Public Administration,Decentralisation and Participatory Development are the key area of KILA.
Objectives of KILA Internship Programme are:
To provide a framework to students by which their educational experience is enhanced through practical work assignments
To expose them to the area of Local Governance and Public Administration
To expose them to the work of KILA and Local Governance Institutions with the objective of deepening their knowledge and understanding of the goals, principles and activities of these institutions Handling day to day operational works of KILA
Enrolled or recent pass outs in Graduation or Post Graduation or higher level programme in a University/ College preferably those who are interested in areas of Local Governance, Decentralisation, Participatory development, Panchayati Raj, Public Administration, Accounts, Legal matters etc.
Skills and experience
Internship is a process in which the student involves in the activities of the institute and learn by means of dooing.Flexibility and willingness to work are the key requirements for the internship programme at KILA. Interns are expected to have good communication skill, computer skills and skills in working with different people.
Able to cover the cost of travel, accommodation and living expenses
Letter in the prescribed format of KILA from the University /College duly signed by the Head of the Department /Institution in Letter Head.
Points to Remember:
- The interns are not eligible for any stipend from KILA. All costs related to travel, accommodation and living expenses must be borne by either the interns or their sponsoring institutions
- Accommodation is not guaranteed to any intern on any grounds. KILA shall provide accommodation to outstation interns based on the availability of the accommodation in the KILA campus.
- The intern shall bear the local travel expenses and travel expenses in connection with the field work.
- Medical expenses:
- The intern will be responsible for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during the internship.
- The intern must be discreet and keep confidential any and all unpublished information obtained during the course of the internship, and may not publish any documents based on such information.
- The interns are responsible to complete the assignments given by the Faculty in a time bound manner.
- If the intern successfully completes the research project assigned to him/her, his/her work ,if found relevant, shall be published by KILA with due credit to the intern.
- Food and Accommodation Charges
- Students are eligible for concessional rate as per KILA Internship norms (Click here to Download KILA Internship norms)
KILA offers internship programmes of two weeks to six months of duration.
How to Apply :
Interested students are required to apply through the online application, which is available in the website http://kila.ac.in/internship-programmes/ . He/she is also required to upload a scanned image of the requisition letter in the prescribed format available at http://kila.ac.in/sitedoc/Documents/Misc/KILA_internship_Letter_new.doc duly filled and signed by the Head of the Institution/ Department.
If the student is selected as the intern of KILA, he/she should bring the following documents at the time of joining.
- Original requisition letter from the Head Department/ Institution
- Print out of the duly filled application form
- Any formats to be prepared by KILA after the internship programme like the attendance sheet, Performance appraisal format etc.