Smt. Sherine Chacko
Specialist in Social Work
Kerala institute of Local Administration
+91 - 474- 2554169
+91 - 487 - 2201062
Date of Birth : 21.07.1984
Sex : Female
Marital Status : Married
Languages Known : English , Malayalam, Hindi & Bengali
KILA Centre for Human Resource Development , ETC P.O, Kottarakara,Kollam District,Pin code: 691531, Kerala, India
Mode of Appointment : Contract
Date of Joining in Service : 28-12-2004
- MS.W- Community Development
- Conduct capacity building programmes under the Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan for elected representatives and officials of Local self government department.
- Support the preparations of project work-plans and training policy as instructed by superiors.
- Prepare training material for the concerned training programmes.
- Conduct capacity building programmes of centrally sponsored schemes like Mahatma Gandhi NREGS,Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinjai Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Aawas Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana to name a few.
- Sociology Faculty for V.E.O Induction training at KILA CSED,Kottarkara.
- Conduct Research studies on community development related subjects
- Coordination of various training programmes as according to KILA Annual Training Calender .
Selected research reports
- “Credit and Savings pattern among the women workers of Mahatma Gandhi NREGS’.
- Sanitation Behaviour- A study among the coastal fishermen community of Allapauzha and Thiruvanthapuram districts.
Training and Capacity Building Related Publications
- Handbook on Basic Computer Applications for Training to Elected Representatives and Officials.
- Handbook for Induction Training to newly inducted elected representatives of Block Panchayths.
- Handbook on Plan, Implementation and Monitoring of Schemes for working group members.
- Panchayathi Raj System– A Case Study on Women headed Panchayats in Kerala.
Areas of Expertise
- Training &Capacity Building
- Participatory Learning and Action (PLA)
- Research and Development
- Social Research
- Capacity Building and Training.
- Social Audit
International Fellowships & Visits
- Fifteen days Induction Training by CAPART at Institute for Applied Manpower Research, Delhi.
- CAPART Refresher Course at TATA DHAN Foundation, Madurai.
- Did an externship on “Rural Entrepreneurship” at Centre for public policy research, Cochin.
- Underwent 5-day training workshop on Participatory Approaches and Process Organized by Planet Kerala at Wynad, Kerala
- Underwent Two day Workshop on Entrepreneurship Development jointly organized by Center for Management Development: Thycaud and the Loyola College Alumni Association.
- Organized the National Seminar on Social Work Perspectives in Corporate Social Responsibility organized by Loyola college of Social Sciences.
- Participated in a workshop on “Social Praxis_ Sensitivity and Ethics” organized by Loyola college of Social Sciences.
- Participated and organized seminars held as part of National Self Reliance week celebration organized by Rajagiri College of Social sciences in association with Swadeshi Science Movement, Kerala.
- Two Day training on NREGS from State Institute of Rural Development, Kottarakkara.
- ToT for master trainers on communitisation of ICDS and village convergence &facilitation service(VCFS) AT National institute of public cooperation and child development (NIPCCID), Bangalore.
Other Positions Held
- Young Professional- CAPART-MoRD
- H.R Executive with V-Cast Builders and Developers